Thursday, February 26, 2009

12 hour drive, a wedding and a basketball game



Well this last week was a fun one! My roommates Aly, Amber and I all drove to Arizona for an old roommates (of Amber and Aly) wedding and we decided to make a vacation out of it! We left last wednesday and drove the whole 11 hours down to Maricopa. The drive was good/eventful. We stopped in Page, AZ (I just had to stop in my town!) and grabbed some dinner. Well, apparently my town likes to give people food poisoning. Poor Aly got sick for the rest of the drive that night. Too bad her car was a stick, which I don't know how to drive, so I couldn't take over for her.

Thursday was fun. We got to sit and relax most of the day and got to play with the new little baby Aly's sister just had! She's SO tiny and cute. Friday morning was the wedding. We had to get up at 5 am to go and do the bride's hair. Man were we tired...we did get to catch a few Z's right outside of the Mesa Temple while we waited for Jennie to come out. That helped out a lot. That night we got to go the Phoenix Suns basketball game thanks to Aly's brother-in-law. He gave us tickets that he got through work, 19th row!! It was one of the best games I've been to in a LONG time. This was the first time I have seen both Shaq and Nash play in real life. What a night! After the game we got to stand next to replicas of the players. This is me compared to Shaq:



Aly and I at the game in our Suns t-shirts!


On Saturday we left and decided to drive the Vegas route home which took us through the Hoover Dam. What a cool site to see! I've never seen the Hoover Dam so I made Aly pull off so that I could take pictures. Totally worth it!




Sunday we were able to make it to our good friend Katie Barber's mission farewell. She did she a good job - Aly and I were crying by the closing song! She is going to serve her mission in the Dallas, Texas area. She'll most likely meet my good friend Bart who's in the Houston, Texas mission. We will miss her, but she's going to be one amazing missionary and I am very proud of her!

Me, Katie, and Aly

That night I made it home in time for my aunt Lori's Oscar party! What a blast this was. I have never been able to make it to one of these fabulous affairs. Lori had the house all decked out, ballots printed up, and treats spread out. We had quiet the night! Here are some pictures:






After the Oscar's ended we were to tally up all the guess that we got right. Lisa of course won with a whopping 14 guess right. We think she's got some inner Oscar connection. Lori awarded her with her very own Oscar.



What a great week full of warm weather, weddings, and tiny gold men!

0 comments: