Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Great Get Together aka The Minnesota State Fair

It's that time once agian here in Minnesota for one of the biggest get togethers, The State Fair! What a day full of stuffing your faces with deep fried goodness. The fair has just about anything and everything you could want...on a stick. For example there's pork chops on a stick, cheese on a stick, deep fried candy bars - on a stick, and so much more!

The hot thing this year to try was chocolate covered bacon. Maren and I were brave enough to try this new food invention. It was very interesting. Looking back at it makes me want to puke! It was chocolatey yet the bacon taste was over powering and not that good afterwards.

The best things there in my opinion are the gyro's! I love them!! Here are a few pictures from our day.

Dayna enjoying a snow cone

Maren proving she'stronger than any Army guy...ok maybe just her family!


Enjoying the best part of the fair - the corn!

We found some piggy love! I thought it was cute.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I love fairs!! Looks like fun! Did you know that Kyle is applying to an Oral Surgery program in Minnesota!!? (along with 23 other programs to) But there is a small chance (1 in 23) that we would live in the same city as you guys! Wouldn't that be fun!!? Heres to hoping!
Love, Hillary
P.S. did you see the CUTE stuff that DownEast has right now. i REALLY want the ruffle wrap shirt like SOOOOO bad. And I am halfway done with Twilight #3 on my second time through the series. I still need to find out what you thought!?!?!?

Hillary said...

P.S.S. Okay.... so I hadn't read you last post "something new" either and I am giddy for you!!! What a cute guy. You two look darling together!! Cheers for a cute boyfriend! (can we say boyfriend yet?) oh well, I just did. :)

Hillary said...

P.S.S. okay, last commenf from me I swear... but I forgot to say that your Disneyland trip sounded like such a blast... I wish it was me with you... what great memories!

Paige said...

Haha oh Hillary! First off that would be wonderful if you and Kyle and Ben all lived in Minnesota. What fun we could have! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Second I still am trying to finish Breaking Dawn! Since school picked up I haven't had a lot of time but i am trying to make time. And third...well as for the something new...that didn't really work out. I'm good though and everything is good. But thank you for the comments anyways. They meant a lot! Hope all is going well!