Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A close to an amazing summer and the start of something new...

What an amazing summer I was so blessed to have had! Efy was amazing and the last three weeks were so fun-besides dealing with some punk kids, eating disorders, and being hit on by 16 year olds. I feel like I was able to change in multiple ways from all of these experiences and I am sad to see it end. I am wanting to do it next year for sure though!
The past 3 weeks I had the older groups (16-18 yr olds) and I love having this group because they are more willing to do things and also more energetic, which can be bad in many ways...but these kids were all really fun! 2 of the 3 weeks I was able to have kids from London which was really fun! Their accents were so cool. It was fun talking to the London boys that I had. They reminded me of Harry Potter and it made me happy haha. I don't have any of those pictures with me yet because I put them on my computer in Utah to clear them off my camera. I do have some pictures from efy that are of me and some of the counselors I got really close with. Here are some of those:

This is the group that I got really close with (minus the guy with brown hair in the back with the striped tie) doing our secret coship sign. We were known as the Angel Kitties...long story haha.

These are two of the girls that I got really close with, Michelle and Hayley.

Myles and I having fun at checkin duty!

My two Minnesota boys Sean Robison and Stewart Perry!! It was fun running into them all week and feeling like I had a little bit of home there with me.

So I am now home for about a week and then I am going to be leaving to go with about 100 efy counselors to Disneyland. I am very excited but not so excited about making the drive for the 4th time in 2 months...it tends to get VERY long. But I have a good car load of people so it should be fun! But I am just excited to enjoy my time home swimming with my sisters and reading Breaking Dawn!

1 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh... I LOVED Breaking Dawn!!!!!!!!! We will have to talk soon about it all! Why did I wait so long to read the Twilight series!?! I LOVE IT!! Hope you are doing well!