Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Florida Girls Sleepover and Some Conference



I had by far one of the BEST weekends I've had in a long time. All the Florida girls got together and had a big sleepover at Kate and Peter's house. Thank you Pete for putting up with us all night long! It was so fun to be together. It's been forever since we have ALL been able to get together and just catch up. The next morning we got up a few hours before general conference and made a wonderful breakfast and all those that had boyfriends or boys that were friends invited them over and we all ate breakfast. Then we settled down for the first session of general conference.


Our delicious breakfast :)

What an amazing General Conference we had. I was touched my many of the talks given. Some of my favorites were Elder Robert D. Hales (Living Within Your Means), President Henry B. Eyring (Dealing with Adversity), Elder Richard G. Scott (Temples), Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (Not Being Alone), Elder Dallin H. Oaks (Selfless Service), Elder Gary E. Stevensen (Making Our Homes Like the Temples), and of course President Thomas S. Monson (Being More Determined).

What amazing words of reassurance these men told to help us through these troubling times. I was very blessed to attend the Sunday Afternoon session with my roommate Aly. We were able to sit only 15 rows away from the front. I could feel the warmth of the men on the stand clear out where I was sitting. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf was sitting straight in front of me and I'd like to think we made eye contact a few times. What a powerful feeling filled that conference center as President Thomas S. Monson spoke to us. I love General Conference and how every time I listen to the words spoken it makes me want to be a better person. It's time I put that into action and do my best to become better each and every day!

0 comments: